Thursday, October 20, 2011

Visual Thinking Research


In this activity, we had to figure out how many triangles were in the image. For my friend's approach, she said that it was easier to write down the amount of triangles on the side, so that she wouldn't be confused by a mess of lines crowding the figure. She first counted all the visible triangles, and then counted the remaining triangles as she grouped the smaller ones together in order to visualize the bigger triangles. I did the exact same method, but got confused as I continued to count the remaining triangles due to the clutter of lines. 

In this activity, we had to figure out how many squares we were able to make by connecting the dots to one another. For my friend's approach, she followed the exact method she used in the triangle puzzle. At first, we connected all the smaller squares, and continued to connect the dots that made bigger squares. We both connected all the dots that made each possible square, but like the last puzzle, I lost my square count due to the chaotic mess of scribbles. 

No comments:

Post a Comment