Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Top-Down Visual

When I look at this image, my eyes directly focus on the vibrant colors of the makeup. The colors first captures my eye, and then my attention focuses on the more intricate patterns. I follow the pattern down the neck of the woman on the left, and my eyes rest on the excessively long finger nails of the woman on the right. Top-down visual processing operates in this design in that first I take in the image as a whole, then I process the individual components, such as the colors and patterns. After considering the parts of the photograph, I understand the big picture better, realizing the power the bright colors have on the photograph. Without them, the photo would have a darker, almost goth feel, because of the dark lipstick, dull gray lace background, and half-hidden faces of the models. The lace patterns on the faces and necks of the models have the largest density of scan paths.
Source: http://www.makeupstyleideas.com

No comments:

Post a Comment